Saturday, July 11, 2009

First post- partum thoughts

Ive barely started blogging and already my dashboard is full of posts that need to be completed/ edited. It might be a good idea to post the link here to give a context to this pattern and plead 'not guilty'!!!

I have been thinking of blogging for quite some time, but having finally taken the plunge (like the hundreds who do so everyday now), I want to acknowledge the people who inspired me.

First and foremost , you who will always be my Blog queen coz you initiated me to the blogosphere and ever since I have followed and enjoyed your 'inner and outer life'(my take on your title) through your blog. It has made many of my drab days delightful. Thank you.

Second, KG, my sweet friend and fellow companion on a certain 'boat' that we are both sailing in (and I will write at length about very soon) , who finally got me to 'stop brooding and get on with it' and was kind enough to comment on my first post ever. Yippee!!! that sure felt good- almost better than a shot of Columbian Roast, and I do like 'em Columbian.

And then there are two others, one of whom I shall keep anonymous.

She told me that her blog was not public coz it was too personal -way to go girl, that took away many of my self inflicted barriers, such as 'who want to read ubiquitous pieces of ordinary life journey on the world wide web'?

The most touching encouragement came from my friend in Pune, whose blog you must check out for her fantastic innovative illustrations and really sublime original verses. She said that I wrote much better movie reviews than the critics she was forced to read every week in the papers, and that is good enough reason to blog. Thank you dear, and I hope I don't let you down.

Oh, something struck me as I finished writing this post- these are all women and Im so glad they are fun and fabulous in a way that only women can be. Thats reason enough to celebrate on a Saturday spent taking a 'couchation'!

2 comments:

  1. Zank Yous are in order :). Can't wait to read all your cribs, rants and favs. Just the fact that everything that u see and do 'needs' to be translated into a post, is testimony enough of your almost-addicted-to-blogging status. Enjoy karo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am grateful to find a mention here - and the fact that you know KG is just .. amazing. What a small world!

    Having known you for quite a while - I know you have a lot to talk about - a lot to share.. so there - the feed has been grabbed and subscribed to - now blog!

    ReplyDelete