Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Little Hate..not much


I said I hate you

I said it LOUD

I think you heard me

coz you retorted giving me a broken heart and a withered spirit

Of course I dint mean it like that

A common mistake then (usual for me) to have said it like that

but you see, I was trapped inside glass windows

Raindrops frosted the glass and tear drops frosted mine

Ironic , things that are supposed to open remain closed here.

Like windows in my condo, and employer's minds

Looking out at Georgia (St), I saw crowds expanding and contracting

in sync with sun rays in my room

I hated it that they seemed to have a purpose while I was still struggling to find mine

I strutted my stuff for a while, feeling feisty, feeling touristy

Then came the buying spree...

Furnishing of an apartment occupied by an empty heart

I gathered- something had to be filled!!!

So now that the kitchen , the living room, the paintings and statuettes are all done,

and everyday a little bit of my grit gets undone,

The bed has been bedded, the mattress contours try to keep pace with my ever bulging curves

I watch re- runs on TV and run through cyberspace randomly

I dare to tell myself (a little) everyday

You are Vancouver and I hope to love you some day.



2 comments:

  1. firstly, welcome to the blogsphere. Hope you have a helluva time here. Here's to your first comment! Don't u worry, you'll come to love Vancouver :). Looking forward to your cribs and fav things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Post. Captures your angst breathtakingly. I am going to slowly read all that you have written. Keep it coming. And don't worry mysteries of life slowly unravel...just keep an open mind and your faith strong.

    ReplyDelete