Monday, July 13, 2009

Kuchch khatti, kuchch meethi


I was going to be blog about something completely different, like what a surreal day it has been. Connecting at a new level with an old friend that resonated with a sense of 'me too', connecting for the first time with an acquaintance from college (had we been from the opposite sexes, our phone marathon today would constitute a very 'hot' first phone date!!!), and a chance encounter with a couple who I wanted to connect to because they were Indians settled in Vancouver and they actually turned out to be very non- Indian but had their origins in the same sweet, quaint city , that is my hometown, Jamshedpur!!!
Whoa- all good food for thought and reason to count one's blessings at a rather lonely time, but what captured my imagination instead is this-
Jillian, THE bachelorette on the show by the same name, is connecting with 3 bachelors(the last men standing on the show that started with 30 contenders) in a way that is typical of how reality TV makes scripted love seem real!!!
So, one is intellectually stimulating but 'might have a wall around him and might end up breaking her heart' (thats got to be the male equivalent of the female stereotype- she's a smart woman , but is she feminine enough?) SIGH!!!
and here comes the masterpiece- the other guy, Ed is sexy , and she can totally imagine sitting around and playing cards with his affable Mom , takes a leap of faith , asking him to spend the night with her (right, it has nothing to do with the TRP potential of showing a hot babe in a night shirt with her evenly tanned legs all wrapped around this hunky guy), but ends up all heartbroken...
GUY- I had a chance of a lifetime, but I failed to show her how much I love her. Now I don't know whats going to happen... (code for- I couldn't get it up!!!)
JILLIAN- We have a real connection, but I don't know if I can put this disaster aside and take this gamble (code for - He's good but I don't want to end up with someone who might be impotent)
And just when you thought reality TV was getting too real to be comfortable, the channel makes this seem like a love dilemma, you know, soft music in the background, girl in tears, guy looking down in despair (or maybe at his...)
So now, not just Jillian but the rest of us (most bachelorette videos on youtube have more than 6000+ views) are all hoping that Ed can get it up the next time!!!
Now who needs fiction when you can have such entertaining reality?

No comments:

Post a Comment